In this cutthroat era of competition, online marketing is very essential for success. Because once you fall behind your competitors, it will be very difficult to make a comeback. Online marketing is a vast area and there are several ways through which you can promote online. Here are 12 online marketing ideas to grow your business:
1. Thought Leadership with content marketing: Content marketing is a great way to promote your business. With the help of your content, you will be able to connect with your audiences. It is a great way to promote your products and explain its uses and features. However, make sure that your content doesn’t look like a sales pitch. The purpose should be to inform and not sale. Also use easy to understand languages, so that everyone can understand easily.
2. Network on LinkedIn:L inkedIn is a great way to stay connected with the others in your niche or industry and promote your business. You may also come across several clients or investors who may be interested in your business. Apart from that, LinkedIn also has several groups for discussions. These groups are a great way to connect with people with whom you have no mutual connections. However, before dropping the link to your website in these groups, it will be better if you contribute to the discussion. Otherwise, if you just add the link of your website without taking part in discussion, LinkedIn may mark you as spam.
3. Create a Video series: Instead of making a long 30 minute video, you should focus on creating a video series to promote your business. No one has the time to go through a long video. Some of your customers may only be interested in one of your services. Unless you have a separate video for each of your products or services, he or she will be forced to go through the entire video. And also keep the length of the video within 1 to 3 minutes.
4. Podcast series: Apart from a video series, creating a podcast series is also a great idea. Since you are able to speak directly to your customers, it is possible to interact with them on a more personal level. And podcasts are not just for promoting your product. You can invite an eminent guest to your show or you can also invite one of your customers to review your products. You can also share your podcast through different services like SoundCloud and Stitcher.
5. Create a website: Having a website for your business is very important. Unless there is a website, it will be extremely hard for the people to reach you. And through a website, it is possible to reach out to every corner of the world. It also helps you to describe about yourself, your business and the services which you are offering. And the best thing is that it costs very little to open and maintain a website.
6. Design a Mobile App: In this age of smartphones, having a mobile app is a must. As per research , it has been found that most people spend more time on their smartphones rather than their PC or Laptop. Hence, if you have a mobile app, it will be much easier for the users to connect with you. Just make sure that you design the app carefully and it is quite fast and responsive.
7. Start blogging: Blogging is an extremely effective way to increase traffic to your website. And it is very easy to open a blog. Through blogs, you get to communicate with your customers. It also gives you the opportunity to study about the sharing habits and behavior of your customers, which will help you to prepare the other marketing strategies. Blogging is also inexpensive. All you have to do is just hire a writer who knows about the industry well. You can do it yourself as well.
8. Attend Events: If you are looking for a completely free way to promote your products, then this is a great option. In events, you will get the opportunity to interact with a large number of people who may be interested in your business. Since your competitors may also be there, it will help you to know where you stand and how to improve your business.
9. Webinars: Webinars are the latest trend and has become a very effective marketing tool. Webinars help to connect with a large number of people at the same time. Hence, if done properly, it can be a great value addition to your business. And the best thing about webinars is that there is a 2-way communication. You will be able to reply back to all the questions and queries of your audience instantly.
10. SEO: It is very important to SEO optimize your website. If your website appears at the top of the search results, then the traffic to your website will increase substantially. In order to boost your SEO, you need to put the keywords strategically in your content. You also need to post as many blogs as possible, because they help with your SEO. However, make sure that you do not add too many keywords.
11. Build a following on Twitter and Facebook: Having a strong social media presence is very important for the success of your business. You should create your own page in Facebook for promoting your products or services. You also get the opportunity to interact with your customers. You can also include the link to your website in your Facebook and Twitter posts so that people can directly visit your website from there. And it also costs no money to promote through Facebook.
12. Google Adwords: Google Adwords is also a very effective advertising tool which has been designed by Google. You have to bid on certain keywords and Google will advertise your website on all its search results for that particular keyword. You will have to pay for each click to Google. Apart from Adwords, you can also advertise on different social networking sites like Facebook, which is equally effective.